d:fine 88 Dual-ear Directional Headset Microphone
The d:fine 88 Headset Microphone combines the legendary 4088 directional capsule with the lightweight and flexible d:fine Headset system.
Available in black, beige, and brown, d:fine has been ergonomically designed to fit easily and seamlessly. It will adjust to fit any ear size and head shape while mounting securely and hardly visible.
Just by rotating the boom and the earhook, the microphone can be moved from left to right ear, or into the optimum position.
Staying true to the DPA legacy, d:fine offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities - users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion.
d:fine 88 is available with single- or dual-ear mounts. The dual-ear mount is dedicated for more active situations and will be safe in even the most rigorous and energetic performance applications.
Two omnidirectional boom lengths are available to accommodate different applications and head sizes: 120 mm (4.7 in), 100 mm (3.9 in).
A service connector splits the cable from the microphone boom and allows for quick exchange of cable lengths/colors/connectors and is valuable for servicing broken cables.
The d:fine mic with boom, earhook, and cable is delivered in a neat, roadworthy box with room for accessories like transmitters and batteries. The DPA accessory line includes power supplies and adapters or cables with fixed connectors (MicroDot, 3-pin Lemo, TA4F Mini-XLR, Mini-Jack).
- Pristine audio quality
- Easy single-ear or dual-ear mounting
- Minimal visual impact
- Adapts to all pro wireless systems
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB, Near field 2-3 cm (0.8-1.2 in): 100 Hz - 20 kHz (4 - 6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal +/- 3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 ohm. From DAD6001-BC: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power supply: "For wireless systems: Min. 5 V through DPA adapter.
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, Brown or beige
- Weight: "Single Ear: Microphone boom: 1 g (0.035 oz). Earhook: 1 g (0.035 oz). Cable: 8 g (0.28 oz). Total: 10 g (0.35 oz)
- Microphone diameter: Length: 10 mm , Diameter: 5 mm
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: Boom length: 120 mm, 100 mm (M)
- Cable length: 1.25 m (4.1 ft)
- Cable color: Black, Brown or beige
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Microphone (boom, ear-hook, cable)
- Cable clip which anchors the cable to your clothing
- Five identification rings and one make-up cover (DUA0585)
- A pre-mounted pop screen and foam windscreen
- Four windscreens (DUA0531)