d:fine In-Ear Broadcast Headset Microphone, Dual Ear Mount, Single In-Ear
The latest addition to our d:fine range of Headset Microphones, adds in-ear communication to our industry-leading capsules and remarkably comfortable design. Our d:fine Dual-Ear Mount, Single In-Ear, Broadcast Headset Microphone offers good stability and lets you keep one ear open to what's happening around you.
Setting new standards for the broadcast industry
Already the worldwide leader in headset mics for theatre and broadcast applications, d:fine now adds an integrated in-ear monitor to create an broadcast and communication headset with outstanding acoustic performance and feather-light comfort.
These innovative headsets - the first of their kind - are designed for broadcast professionals who insist on superior voice reproduction without compromising on simple setup, minimalistic form factor and daylong comfort.
We've got the In-Ear Broadcast Headset you need
Our d:fine In-Ear Broadcast Headset Microphones is offered in three different versions - each with it's own benefits - and two different colors. Four different microphone capsules are available: our d:fine Directional, d:fine 88 Directional, d:fine Omnidirectional, and d:fine 66 Omnidirectional.
Single-Ear Mount, Single In-Ear: The easiest to fit and leaves the smallest visual footprint.
Dual-Ear Mount, Single In-Ear: Even better mount stability lets you keep one ear open to what's happening around you.
Dual-Ear Mount, Dual In-Ear: Allows for two-channel monitoring from producers or for stage monitoring for theatre actors and singers.
*Individual d:fine microphone booms and cables are available for increased modularity of our standard In-Ear Headset combinations. Contact your local distributor for other variations and other colors.
Industry-leading sound quality
With very low noise and extremely high sensitivity, d:fine In-Ear Broadcast Headset Mics deliver the clearest, most transparent and natural sound available today on the headset market. The mics effortlessly handle up to 144 dB peak before clipping. And due to their exquisite linear response, low distortion and extremely broad dynamic range, they sound great no matter what the application.
An easy fit in a versatile package
The days of broadcast hosts having to fiddle with two parallel systems - one for the mic and one for in-ear communication - are over. Welcome to fantastically natural sound reproduction from our proprietary capsule, crystal-clear in-ear communication, great fit and integrated convenience - all in one good-looking headset.
The in-ear drivers allow no audio leakage to the microphone capsule, and are easily driven due to their high sensitivity. Two sizes of ear-pads are included to fit most ears.
The cable steer, located at the headset mount, controls the cable run down the neck, so you can easily adjust the headset mount size.
Flexibility and wireless adaptability meet great fit
DPA's spring steel construction integrates the cable within the ear-hook to mount quickly and comfortably around virtually any ear size.
With a wide selection of accessories and adapters, d:fine headsets are ready to perform no matter what your application or audio ecosystem demands.
The In-Ear Broadcast Headset Microphone comes with our versatile MicroDot connector for the mic and a mini-jack for the in-ear driver. Adapters are available to fit most professional wireless systems.
- Mic and in-ear monitor integrated in one unique solution
- Easy to mount with minimum cable clutter
- Minimalistic form factor
- Legendary microphone capsule technology and sound quality
- Directional characteristics: d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Omnidirectional. d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Directional
- Principle of operation: d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Pressure d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: d:fine Omni: 20 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 15 kHz. d:fine 66: 20 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. d:fine Directional (in near field 2-3 cm (0.8-1.2 in)): 100 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. d:fine 88 (in near field 2-3 cm (0.8-1.2 in)): 100 Hz - 20 kHz with 4-6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ± 3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A)). d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Typ. 28 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 30 dB(A)).
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB). d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Typ. 40 dB (max. 42 dB).
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Typ. 68 dB(A). d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Typ. 66 dB(A).
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Typ. 97 dB. d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Typ. 95 dB.
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 ohm. From DAD6001-BC: 100 ohm.
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems. 48 V phantom power ± 4 V with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter.
- Current consumption: "Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter.
- Connector: "Microphone: MicroDot. In-Ear: Stereo Mini-Jack
- Color: Black, brown, beige
- Weight: Max.: 26 g (0.92 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Mic boom length: : d:fine Omni and d:fine 66: Standard: 110 mm (4.3 in). On-Request: 90 mm (3.5 in). d:fine Directional and d:fine 88: Standard: 120 mm (4.7 in). On-Request: 100 mm (3.9 in)
- Cable length: : 1.3 m (4.3 ft)
- Cable color: : Black
- Cable diameter: : Microphone cable: 1.6 mm (0.06 in). In-Ear cable: 1.95 mm (0.08 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC): Fully compatible
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- d: fine In-Ear Broadcast Headset (Specifications, In-Ear Drivers): :
- Type: Dynamic earplug (acknowledged Hi-Fi plugs). 2 sizes Ear-adapters are included
- Connector: 3,5 mm stereo Mini-Jack.
- Single In-Ear: Signal at Mini-Jack Tip
- Dual In-Ear: Signal at Mini-Jack Tip (Left ) and Ring (Right)
- Sensitivity: 107 dB/V
- Nominal impedance: 18 Ω
- *: 2 sizes Ear-adapters are included