The d:fine 4166 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone combines the legendary sound of the d:fine 4066 Omnidirectional Capsule with a lightweight and flexible headset system. This condenser mic is easy and fast to adjust and it offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom. The capsule itself is the same type as the d:fine 4066, but is attached to an interchangeable boom arm.
Like all of the microphones in the range, the d:fine 4166 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities. Users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion.
This microphone is available as an earset (d:fine 4166) or headset (d:fine 4266). Earset variants are the quickest to put on and often the best choice when miking needs to be fast and easy for example for conference use. Headset variants sit more securely around the head and are ideal for active performance situations where the person wearing the headset won't feel the presence of the microphone. Both types are ergonomically designed to fit comfortably and easily. This mic adjusts to fit any ear size and head shape while at the same time it mounts securely and is hardly visible. By rotating the boom and the ear hook, the microphone can be easily used on either the left or the right ear. The connector splits the cable from the microphone boom allowing you to swap broken cables and / or wireless connectors quickly.
Three boom lengths are available to accommodate different applications and head sizes: 40 mm (1.6 in), 90 mm (3.5 in) and 110 mm (4.3 in). The 110 mm (4.3 in) is the standard choice for most users.
A bit about omnis
An omnidirectional microphone has sensitivity at all angles - in principle picking up sound equally from all directions. This gives you extremely natural and realistic sound compared to a cardioid mic. Omni mics are often used for picking up ambient sounds, as well as miking a large sound source such as a choir in a recording situation. Unfortunately, due to their pickup pattern, omnis can also produce a lot of feedback in live situations.
Nonetheless, we recommend that you try a DPA omni first because, when used close to the sound source, the equal frequency response makes these mics a flexible addition in your audio toolbox. It will often give a more natural sound, it can handle extremely high sound pressure levels, it does not suffer from proximity effect and is not as sensitive to wind, pop or handling noise.
- Pristine audio quality
- Lightweight and flexible
- Easy mounting to the left or right
- Minimal visual impact
- Resistant to humidity
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
Color: Black or beige
Weight: Microphone boom: 0.8 g (0.03 oz). Earhook: 1.1 g (0.04 oz). Cable: 6.6 g (0.23 oz). Total: 8.5 g (0.30 oz)
Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
Microphone length: Boom length: Normal: 120 mm (4.7 in), Medium: 100 mm (3.9 in)
Cable length: 1.3 m (4.3 ft)
Cable color: Black or beige
Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC): Fully compatible
Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 15 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1% up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω.
- From DAD6001-BC: 100 Ω
- Make-up and moisture filter pre-mounted on the mic
- Cable clip which anchors the cable to your clothing
- Five color coded identification rings
- Make-up cover/ capsule protection cap
- Three windscreens